About Us

He's from Washington, she's from Alaska. They met in Utah in 2004 and were married in 2009. They now live in Minnesota and have a precious baby girl, Madeline Jane.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Apples out of my ears

Well, apples weren't literally coming out of my ears, but I sure did feel like it. Sean and I are the Emergency Preparedness Coordinators for our ward. This week for a Stake activity we had an applesauce canning activity. Since we were the coordinators for our ward, we were expected to be there all day. Really, it was a good thing-- neither Sean nor I had ever canned before (well I've canned jam, but that's a different process) so we were able to learn how it is done.

There were two giant crates full of apples. I don't think I've ever seen that many apples before (there were even more apples than on my mission when every door we knocked on for a week gave us apples-- and that is saying a lot). We had multiple stations set up: washing, cutting, cooking, cranking (to make the apples mushy), jarring, and processing.

Now, the actually activity was great. It was a good opportunity to learn and to get to know people in our ward and stake better. Unfortunately, the organization of the activity was not as good. There were many glitches in the structure of the activity that made the activity last very, very long. But, I shouldn't complain--I did learn a lot... I just hope I can finish everything else I was planning on doing today. And hey-- now we have a lot of homemade applesauce.

No comments: