About Us

He's from Washington, she's from Alaska. They met in Utah in 2004 and were married in 2009. They now live in Minnesota and have a precious baby girl, Madeline Jane.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Here We Go


Well, I can't say I was planning on starting a blog. Actually, Sean and I had joked around about "having" to start one just because we got married. Well, we do have to write a blog now, but it has nothing to do with getting married--it's required for a class.

I figured I would start with a summary of our summer. It started out great with our wedding on April 25. We were married in the Spokane Temple and we had our reception at the Museum of Arts and Culture. Everything went perfect and it was a lot of fun having the whole family there. It was the first time everyone in my family had been together in about 5 and a half years. Sean and I spent the week after our wedding in Coeur D'Alene, Snoqualmie Falls and Seattle and then flew up to Alaska to have another reception in Fairbanks. That reception was a little more low key, but it was fun to see everyone from back home. Who knows the next time we'll go up to Fairbanks, but I'm glad we had a reception up there as well.


We then started out lives in Spokane. We found a nice apartment for a good deal in the Valley, and Sean started his internship at Family Home Care. I searched for a job, but never found one...but that's okay.

In June we took off to Europe with a couple of weeks with Sean's family. We started in Prague and toured around Sean's mission. It was amazing! It was a lot of fun to see all the cities, in which Sean served. We were in Slovakia for most of the time and stayed in Trecin, Banska Bystrica, Kosice and Bratislava. We got to meet a lot of the people Sean knew on his mission, which was a lot of fun. We then went to Vienna for a couple of nights. There we met up with Sean's old companion Kevin and his wife Julia. It was fun to see Vienna, but it wasn't my favorite place in Europe. We took a boat up the Danube from Vienna to Budapest, where Sean and I parted with the rest of his family. We headed off to Italy for a few days, and the rested of the family flew back to the US. Italy was so much fun! We stayed in Florence for a night and spent two days touring around. Florence is a really cool city, and I really enjoyed seeing the statue of David! The rest of the nights we stayed at this converted farm house in the middle of Tuscany. It was sooo pretty out there! We went to Sienna for a day and did other things in the little villages close to where we were staying. We had a great time, but we were excited to get back home.


The rest of the summer was a blast. We tried to go boating a lot, we went hiking once and even got to go to Pend Oreille with the Zirkle family. That was so much fun. Lake Pend Oreille is one of the prettiest places I've ever been.Now we're back in Provo. We started school this week (my last year!) and I also started my new job. I'm working in the American Heritage office as a Secretary. Sean's still looking for a job, but he'll find one soon! All and all we're doing great and excited to be back in Provo.

No comments: