About Us

He's from Washington, she's from Alaska. They met in Utah in 2004 and were married in 2009. They now live in Minnesota and have a precious baby girl, Madeline Jane.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Paradise in Northern Idaho

Sean and I had been looking forward to going to Spokane/Lake Pend Oreille all summer. The trip as come and gone and it was just as good, or better, than we were anticipating.
We left early Saturday morning and drove up with Isaiah and Rachel Zirkle in their car. We made great time and had a fairly uneventful drive. I love the last couple hours of the drive to Spokane--northern Idaho is just beautiful.

After dropping us off in Spokane, Rachel and Isaiah headed to Pend Oreille to be with their family at Fort George (the name of the cabin out there). We then had a wondering 4 day stay in Spokane. We got to see lots of people, play with Fritz (Sean's dog), and spend quality time with family...and see Inception (a fantastic movie for anyone who hasn't seen it yet).

On Wednesday morning, Sean, Chris, Jessie and I drove out to Fort George. Mike and Carol met us later with the boat. Fort George is one of the prettiest places on earth. I love it there. I heard stories about it from the time Sean and I just started dating and it's just as amazing as he describes it. It was so much fun being out there--hiking, boating, relaxing, getting sunburned, etc. We loved it. I've gotten much better at wake boarding--not nearly as good as Sean, but I told him it's just a matter of time.
On Friday, we went back to Spokane to spend the last night there and then left earlier Saturday morning to drive to Provo. The drive home was long, but that was mainly due to a few stops for food/visiting with people. Overall, it was a fantastic trip. It went by WAY to fast, but good trips always do.

1 comment:

Alana Tolley said...

It looks like you had a great summer break! I admire you for being able to wake board. I've tried water skiing several times and couldn't even stand up on the skiis. It did look really beautiful!